Troubleshooting Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
This Article Applies to:
All Tapo Cameras, such as Tapo C310/C200/C210/C100 etc.
- Camera showing incorrect time on the Live View page or incorrect timestamp;
- Date and Time does not update on the camera;
- Time on multiple cameras is different.
- Be sure that camera firmware and Tapo APP version are up-to-date;
- Set camera on correct Time Zone (Tapo app > tap the "wheel" icon on the Live View page > Camera Settings > Time zone);
- Turn off NVR or third-party software and Reboot the camera (Some Onvif software may affect the time of the camera);
- Change router’s DNS to 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206 (router’s DNS server may fail to resolve the NTP server)
- Check if Modem / Router firewall blocked UDP port 123 (used for NTP service )
*shared by @Tamadite ‘a rule blocking NTP traffic for a certain IP range. Adding this device to the NTP IP whitelist solved the problem.’
- Sync time on Windows computer in the same local network, if the computer failed to get the correct time, it's more likely the NTP servers are blocked by a router/firewall.
How to sync the time on Windows 10:
Step 1: search ' Time ' in windows search bar to open ' Date and Time' section->Internet time >Synchronize your clock' sub-section and tap the 'Sync now' button.
Note: Tapo Camera requires internet access to synchronize time from its NTP servers, if internet being blocked on camera or camera only working locally could cause incorrect time.
If the camera still shows incorrect time, feel free to leave your comment OR create a support email to email@example.com with the subject [TP-Link Forum ID 269202] Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time. Be sure to provide the following information:
1. Model of the router.
2. network topology: e.g. ISP--- Archer C7 router ))) wireless ((( Tapo C200
3. Do you use any third-party software or NVR?
4. Run this program (used to test camera basic connection) on computer in local network, it will generate a log file on Desktop, send the log to above email.