Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time

Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time

38 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
2024-04-28 11:51:42

@medicnick83 

Hi,
You can go to the Tapo app> Camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera Account page to change the account info if the camera is connected to a third-party program via RTSP/ONVIF, and then the RTSP/ONVIF connection will be disconnected.
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-28 12:57:02

@Solla-topee 

Hi all, I was just told by a friend that there is a issue with using Africa/Cairo as a timezone.

Apparently, according to Google;

Eqypt abserves summer time between the last Friday in April and the last Thursday in October. The clocks are changed from UTC +2 to UCT +3.

So with that said, I've just changed my timezone on my cameras to Africa/Harare.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

No DST settings? 

Options
2 weeks ago

@mlutteral 

Hi,
Generally, the camera will sync the time & date according to the selected time zone, and no DST settings on the camera.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Just wondering why there are no recordings at all for few days. Camera c420 shows date as 1984. It has been working well for months and there are no changes in local wifi or router. 

By changing the time zone (in the hub) for something else and then back resolves the issue for while.

It's not LAN issue, probably came after recent HUB update? TZ is set to Europe/Vilnus as there are no other in this area/zone.

Options
a week ago

@Horch 

My 420 cameras did exactly same thing yesterday. The watermark on the video today shows correct time but there are no recordings listed under today's date. This sounds like an issue on TP Link's side 

Options
Tuesday

@Tyler48    @Horch 

Hi, 

You can try to reboot the hub Tapo H200 and check if it helps solve the issue.

Best Regards

Options
Yesterday

@Solla-topee 

It's bizarre, I'm in the NYC time zone, but I had to change it to Hong Kong/Asia to show the correct time?? 

Options