Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time

Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time

32 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
2023-10-16 12:33:17

@anyarfuad7 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about your problem.
1. What's the model number of your camera?
2. Why do you need to change the Time Zone of the camera? Please describe your problem in detail.
3. What's the model number and OS version of your phone? What's the Tapo app version installed?
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-14 20:13:15

@Solla-topee 

Hi all, is there a way to change the time and date without internet? We have two cams, c510w and c200 on closed network without internet.

What is the process for this scenario?

Thank you

Options
2024-02-20 11:51:24

@Massic  I didn't find the option on the Tapo app to change the camera's time and date manually, and this article(https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/269202) says the camera requires internet to sync time from its NTP servers. If you connect the camera to the internet to sync time, and then block the internet for it, it may remain to use the correct time and date if you don't reboot it.

Options
2024-03-03 04:17:11 - last edited 2024-03-03 04:23:52

Hi All,

I have a VIGI C340 that wont update it's date/time untill I log in via the web interface.

This is on a closed network with no access to the internet. It's directly connected to a computer which has a local NTP server. There is no router/modem.

The local NTP server is verified to be working - other brands of camera update their date/time ok, the TP-Link camera can too, it just chooses not to.

If I open a live stream from the camera, I can see the timestamp is wrong, but as I log in via the camera's web interface, I can watch the timestamp update to now be correct. Once out in the field, logging in to the camera from a web browser to reset the time after a power cut simply wont be possible.

Thanks,

Paul

Options
2 weeks ago

I've just found my C420 camera recordings are all 1 hour out. 
I'm not sure if this is after daylight saving changed a couple of weeks ago or if it's just happened.

I had a short powercut overnight so my H200 hub would have rebooted.

I've checked the time-zone is correct in the H200 hub shared by all 4 cameras. 
It was correct for London but I saved the setting again and also re-booted the hub.

Recordings are now showing the correct time.

Options
Sunday

@Solla-topee 

So I've checked every computer in my house and the time and date etc is correct on them.
It's just all my TAPO cameras that connect to my UNIFI wireless access point that is wrong yet EVERYTHING on my UNIFI is correct (date and time etc)

This causes so much unnecessary drama because now my recordings say 1 thing, but in a legal case with the police, what it says on the camera is what time it is.

It's 10am on the camera but it's actually 9am.

Options
Sunday

@Solla-topee 

I've changed the timezone now to a random timezone, then I changed it back to Africa/Cairo then logged onto the camera, I can see it's the correct time and then it goes back to the wrong time which is 1 hour ahead.

Options
Sunday

@medicnick83 

Hi, 
Which country are you located in and what's your time zone? 
If the camera is connected to a third-party program via RTSP/ONVIF, please disconnect the RTSP/ONVIF connection and check if the time on the camera is correct.
Best Regards

Options
Sunday

@Solla-topee 

I'm based in South Africa.

Options
Sunday
How do I disconnect the RTSP/ONVIF connection?
Options