Black screen in Tapo app (both in camera and history)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-01 19:52:48
Tags: #Live View #issue
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

Hi,

Since the beginning of the 2023, I have issues with Tapo app. Yesterday it worked properly (and I have been using my camera for a few months) and today, since morning, it shows only black screen for the live preview and the black screen for history. When I turn on the notifications about movement, they work normally, but the screen is still black. I tried turning it on and off, disconnecting and connecting with the app, updating the firmware and updating the app. None of it helped.

What should I do now? Any advice would be appreciated. Is it the software bug in your app or the camera is broken somehow?

Thank you in advance for help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Black screen in Tapo app (both in camera and history)
2023-02-01 07:05:40

Hi   @alicja 

sorry for the late reply, you could try to factory reset the camera then reinstall the camera in the Tapo app and see Live view is available. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2705/

if this does not help, please reach our local support to check the warranty, you can provide a photo of Black screen when reach the support. 

Options