Any way to configure a Static IP on Tappo P110?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-27 15:06:01
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Hello,

I bought a Smart Plug to use with my 3D printer, as there's a plugin I can use to turn on and off the printer when I want to print from my computer.

The plugin asked me to introduce my IP and I did as it said, but after a while it stopped working. I went over to my app to check what was happening, and I saw that the device's IP changed. Now this is quite normal for some devices to not have an integrated static IP option, but in order to use the static IP with my router, Vodafone wants to charge me 18.15 Euros more monthly for this basic feature (vodafone es/c/empresas/autonomos/es/vodafone-para-tu-negocio/servicios-one-profesional/ip-fija/)! This is absolutely outrageous, and I wonder if there's any way, even hidden using pins on the board and re-coding the device, to configure a static IP?

Thanks for the help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Any way to configure a Static IP on Tappo P110?
2023-05-29 10:09:14

@GB

Normally a wireless router can set up address reservation for the client device. If this feature is not available on your router, it is recommended to buy an access point or another router, then you can create a 2.4GHz network for all the smart home devices. This can not only prevent interference from other wireless devices but also provide better management of the smart home devices. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-09 08:23:28

@Wayne-TP 

I understand why it's enabled by default, but I want to control it to be Static in front of the DHCP.

I cannot change the router either, and there are no Ethernet ports for a switch in the room where it's located.

It's a simple feature that is crucial for me, and many in the Octoprint 3D printing community, please add this feature or tell me how I can set it now from the app or the device itself.

Options
2023-06-12 08:40:21

@GBAS 

Thank you for the feedback. I understand that this feature is helpful in practice, since this feature is not supported at the moment, you can vote for this feature request TAPO STATIC IP FEATURE. The team will evaluate the feature requests regularly. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-17 11:45:42

@Wayne-TP

Done... but I don't know if it will be implemented....

Options