Lag after doorbell rung

Lag after doorbell rung

Lag after doorbell rung
Lag after doorbell rung
2024-03-18 13:08:14
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

I have the video doorbell connected with the H200 Hub (F/W 1.2.25) and a SD card in the Hub.

The camera alerts if any movement and I can click on camera in app, it loads within a second and I can view and speak.

If though someone rings the doorbell, I am alerted through the app, but when I click on camera in app, it stays loading for ages and then gives me a retry message.

Almost as if ringing the doorbell puts it into some sort of wait state.

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Lag after doorbell rung
2024-03-19 08:34:02

@BottleTiger 

Hi,
Do you mean when you receive a detection notification, you can go to the Tapo app>Home>click on the camera to load its live view page soon, but when someone presses the doorbell, the live view page load for ages or have a retry message on the Tapo app after you receive a notification?

Whether you receive the notification in time when someone presses the doorbell?

Do you have this issue every time when someone has pressed the doorbell?

On the doorbell's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page, is this feature enabled? Please tap the Wi-Fi icon beside the Connected Hub and what's the RSSI value?

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-19 09:17:38 - last edited 2024-03-19 09:58:58

@Solla-topee 

you can go to the Tapo app>Home>click on the camera to load its live view page soon, but when someone presses the doorbell, the live view page load for ages or have a retry message on the Tapo app after you receive a notification? That is correct!

Whether you receive the notification in time when someone presses the doorbell? I do receive the notification in time when someone presses the doorbell

Do you have this issue every time when someone has pressed the doorbell? Usually have the issue, every 7 times out of 10.  This also occurs when I am in the house on same wifi and with full wifi.  I am using the TP Link Deco S4 and S7 routers on each floor of the house, all on ethernet backhaul.

On the doorbell's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page, is this feature enabled? Yes, the feature is enabled.

RSSI value - The value is -42

Options
2024-03-20 08:11:31

@BottleTiger 

Hi,

Thank you for the information provided. I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your case. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options