Multiple notifications for same event

2024-05-02 23:59:52 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

I've recently purchased a C325WB. 

I have it set to detect people or motion (vehicles seemed to keep being triggered by my parked car).

I've noticed that if someone arrives I tend to get a two separate notifications on my phone (one for person, one for motion), however when I go to the recordings I can see the app is smart enough to consolidate these to a single event (though it only uses the 'person' icon next to the recording.

Is it possible to make it so I only get one notification e.g. "Front Camera: An event was detected at..."  It would also be clearer if the app recordings used icons for more than one event type (e.g. show the person and motion icons if they were both triggered).

Examples of how it shows up currently (images hidden for privacy): 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple notifications for same event -Solution
2024-05-07 07:11:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Nick_Carter 

The reason for the two detection notifications is that the camera has both motion detection and person detection turned on. Person detection is a more precise type of detection, but as this type of activity also shows movement, motion detection will also be triggered.

Multiple event marks for the same clip video are currently not supported on the Tapo C325WB. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple notifications for same event -Solution
2024-05-07 07:11:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Nick_Carter 

The reason for the two detection notifications is that the camera has both motion detection and person detection turned on. Person detection is a more precise type of detection, but as this type of activity also shows movement, motion detection will also be triggered.

Multiple event marks for the same clip video are currently not supported on the Tapo C325WB. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Multiple notifications for same event
2024-05-07 09:24:25

@Wayne-TP would 100% of 'Person' notifications be captured by 'Motion' notifications? i.e. could I turn off 'People' notifications and not miss anything?

Options
Re:Multiple notifications for same event
2024-05-08 07:39:31

@Nick_Carter 

Motion detection is triggered by capturing changes in pixels in the scene, whereas person detection requires identifying human shapes. In theory, motion detection captures more movement in the scene.

Options