Tapo C210 displays "This smart device can only be controlled locally" on the Tapo app

Tapo C210 displays "This smart device can only be controlled locally" on the Tapo app

2 weeks ago

This Article Applies To

Tapo C210 V2 with FW 1.4.0 Build 240606 Rel.64596n

Phenomenon Description

1. The Tapo C210 displays "This smart device can only be controlled locally" on the Live View page after upgrading to the firmware 1.4.0 Build 240606 Rel.64596n.

2. On the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page, the MAC address turns to A8574EFD935E.

Workaround

Case 1.

If the Tapo C210 displays "This smart device can only be controlled locally" on the Live View page after upgrading to the firmware 1.4.0 Build 240606 Rel.64596n and its MAC address turns to A8574EFD935E, you can contact your retailer or the local support to check if your camera is under warranty.

Case 2.

If your camera only displays "This smart device can only be controlled locally", you can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot or start a new thread with the detailed problem description for further assistance.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Related Articles

What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?
How to position my TP-Link camera for optimal performance?
Detection Range Test: test the activity detection zone of the Tapo Battery Camera

Options