Kasa smart switch finnicky trying to toggle remotely

2024-08-11 02:10:20
Model: Kasa HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

This smart switch and this one only wont toggle remotely consistently. It works perfectly fine with the physical button. In the kasa app if I try to turn it on it usually works fine but to turn it off I have to press the button multiple times to get it to turn off. Using alexa it will never turn off. Any help? I have tried removing and readding the device a few times. All my other switches work just fine. Even the one right next to it works fine. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa smart switch finnicky trying to toggle remotely
2024-08-12 23:58:14

@Romanojo4,

There are a few things that could cause this or at least similar behaviors. You might consider contacting our support teams directly.

- First try disconnecting and reconnecting your Kasa account in the Alexa app to refresh your devices in case this is a cloud problem.

Similar Behaviors are often seen when there is current leakage between your wires. Double-check all the connections you can for damaged wires or exposed copper.

- There has been a history of another device on a network, causing a device to enter a reboot cycle. If your network allows, create either an isolated or guest network with no other devices connected to see if the behavior continues.

- Try Factory Resetting the switch to its factory defaults and see if the behavior exists before it is added to your network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 1

Related Articles