Votes

Kasa app for windows

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread kasa app for desktop. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Kasa app for windows

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread kasa app for desktop. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa app for windows
Kasa app for windows
2019-03-21 03:36:40 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:13:25

Hello,

I have a smart buld (LB100) connected and managed through my mobile phone using wifi or mobile data.

I would like to know if there is any windows or mac app for managing the smart bulb and/or other "smart" programs of tp-link that are compatible with kasa mobile app.

Thanks for your time

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa app for windows-Solution
2022-07-29 11:02:45 - last edited 2023-03-02 05:48:06

3.2 Edit [More Article]

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback and sharing different ways to manage your Kasa devices on a PC, we would like to make a summary of some workaround shared from our users here: 

1. You may install an Android emulator* to manage your Kasa devices or stream kasa cam, shared by community user @Little_C 

Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Andriod Emulator : LDPlay4 vs Bluestack

2. Use Amazon or Google Voice command to control Kasa devices

Alexa: How to make my TP-Link Kasa Device work with Amazon Alexa
Google: How to connect your TP-Link Kasa devices to Google Home

3. Other Workaround:  some users also use third party desktop app like ' Home Assistant' * to manage smart devices

Disclaimer:  * Andriod emulators or Home Assistant or other third-party apps may meet the requirement,  kindly note that they are not one of TP-Link official partner apps, so we can not guarantee the  third-party software will be accurate or reliable or fully compatible with your kasa device. 

Really appreciated your understanding. 

Welcome to share how you manage your kasa device on a computer. We will keep this post updated for any new workarounds. Thanks everyone.

More Articles:

【New Arrival】 Get Ideal Room Temperature with Kasa Smart Thermostatic Radiator Valve KE100 KIT

【New Arrival 】 HomeKit Device RoundUp

【New APP Test】 Kasa APP 3.0

Recommended Solution
Options
23 Reply
Re:Kasa app for windows
2019-03-21 07:38:12 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

Hi,

sorry to tell you that the smart bulb can be controlled by kasa app only, besides, it can work with Alexa and Google.

While for Kasa app, it is available for mobile device only. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-25 18:20:58 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50
Options
2020-03-24 23:24:35 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50
Hi One thing you could do would be to install BlueStacks, which is an Android Emulation app, which can run on your Windows PC. Download and install it. Then log in with your Google Play account - if you don't have one you can register with a gmail address which is easy to setup. Once done, sign into Google Play (if not already done) and search for the TP Link KASA App. Download, install it then sign into it. You'll see the bulb(s) that you have added once signed in. The good thing about the BlueStacks android emulation app on a Windows PC is that you can leave your PC on and if you have remote control setup to your home PC, you can log in, start up your bluestacks app, then turn on and off your Smart Bulbs etc., if you're worried about wasting energy (shouldn't be for a while since we're in lockdown, at least in ireland) if you're router allows it you can enable wake on lan. We use Draytek routers and they have Wake On LAN built into them so you can log into your router remotely, wake up your PC, do what you need to do and then shut it down again. If it's a stock ISP router though, this may not be possible. Draytek routers can be picked up off eBay relatively easy. If you need further help about doing so reply to this post, i've feck all else to do for the next 6 weeks because of COVID19!!
Options
2020-03-25 13:10:16 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

A bit complicated, might be easier just to buy a low end or repurpose an old android device as a home automation as a control panel.  Would use a lot less power, can be left on and handy.  Setting up communication through bluestacks can be a little tricky, it needs to be routed properly through to the emulator.  If one goes the dedicated tablet route AutomationManager can be used for more complex automation and integration with other apps.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-12-08 23:28:58 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

@GreenCloudIE That BlueStacks works perfect with kasa, and it is not complicated unless you're like my wife and just refuses ot learn anything new.  Great idea, thanks.  ...Bob

Robert D. Weaver Heyburn, ID 83336-7674 (208) 731-6760 bob@mail5.us
Options
2020-12-20 23:36:05 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

Another vote for a PC based App.

I work from home and, in summer, I like to run the air conditioning but need to leave a door open for our dog. He's not much of a guard dog, he'd prbably sleep through someone coming in and going out.

There are starting to be an alarming number of "snatch and grab robberies in my neighbourhood, so we went out and bought a Kasa camera to with our switches.

I would like to have a window open on my second monitor for my PC to view the camera feed, to keep an eye out. And we'll probably expand ourt network of cameras, then to keep an eye on other parts of the house, too. 

Options
2021-08-15 16:28:26 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50
Naw dawg. You can use Home Assistant. http://homeassistant.local:8123
Options
2021-09-26 14:02:16 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

@Kuze 

URL doesn't seem to work. I want to throw my vote in here it would be nice to have a desktop app. There are a lot of reasons why too many dimension. But bottom line is mobile only limits quite a bit.

Options
2021-10-12 06:24:57 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

Hello @shadrico , I'm afaid desktop app is not in the pipeline for Kasa devices. 

But some forum users shared a workaround to view camera on the Android emulator,  this also applicable to Kasa app and you could give it a try:

Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Andriod Emulator : LDPlay4 vs Bluestack
https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/stories/detail/500024

Options
2021-10-27 18:25:14 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

@GreenCloudIE 

Hi 

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Working from my pc, I always prefer windows app. 

The solution you suggested with Bluestack work perfectly. it as a cinch to install!

I wonder why TPlink don't make applications for PC ? Laziness I suppose.

I am sure we are not the only one wanting to work our lamps and applicance from our desktop, especially when you have a lot of plugs, control and amps as we do.

You made my day 

:) 

Daphnée

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 61825

Replies: 23