ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect. [Thread Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect. [Thread Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
57 Reply
Re:ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect
2022-07-27 11:21:09

@Fae Thanks for all your help and support.  Updating to the beta version seems to have worked for me.  My cameras are now back to their reserved addresses.  But...I will continue to monitor to see if any other 'side effects' should appear with this beta. 

Options
2022-07-28 01:45:58 - last edited 2023-01-30 07:15:19

Hi All,

The beta firmware for ER7206 v1 and ER605 v2 has just been provided. Thank you for your attention!

Fae wrote

Updated on July 28, 2022:

Add the beta firmware for ER7206 v1 and ER605 v2.

The following Beta firmware can fix the DHCP Reservation issue on both 1.2.0 (or 2.0.1) and 1.2.1 firmware, and the subsequent official firmware will add the fix soon. As a temporary solution, you may install the Beta firmware below to fix the issue, 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-29 20:44:53

@Fae I'm running 2.0.2 Build 20220727 Rel.68295 on me ER605, and it's fixed the stealth ports problem (Omada Gateway Cannot Get Full Stealth On The GRC ShieldsUp Test. - Business Community (tp-link.com)). However, address reservation is now broken!

I have lots of reserved addresses on my network, but since installing version 2.0.2 beta, when rejoining the network the devices are being assigned new IP addresses.

Are there any fixes to get my address reservation back, other than reverting to the previous non-beta firmware (if indeed that's possible)?

Options
2022-08-01 01:33:58

Dear @gruntfuttock,

gruntfuttock wrote

@Fae I'm running 2.0.2 Build 20220727 Rel.68295 on me ER605, and it's fixed the stealth ports problem (Omada Gateway Cannot Get Full Stealth On The GRC ShieldsUp Test. - Business Community (tp-link.com)). However, address reservation is now broken!

I have lots of reserved addresses on my network, but since installing version 2.0.2 beta, when rejoining the network the devices are being assigned new IP addresses.

Are there any fixes to get my address reservation back, other than reverting to the previous non-beta firmware (if indeed that's possible)?

Sorry for any trouble caused! The 2.0.2 beta firmware is made to fix the stealth ports issue, which hasn't added the fix for the address reservation yet. However, the beta firmware provided in this post has fixed both issues, please install the beta firmware in this thread instead. I'll replace the beta firmware in the post(Omada Gateway Cannot Get Full Stealth On The GRC ShieldsUp Test.) soon.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-08-01 01:37:29

Dear @NotYoNetwork,

NotYoNetwork wrote

Will there be a Beta for the TL-R605? This is the model of my gateway, this model is also having issues with reserved DHCP addresses

TL-R605 is a former name for ER605, please be free to install the firmware of ER605.

Options
2022-08-08 08:43:18 - last edited 2022-08-08 08:47:56

Hello,

I have been using firmwares 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 stable for a while and have been having the aforementioned DHCP issues. I found this thread and tried the beta firmware for my ER605 V1 and it still does not work. This has been quite frustrating as I rely on a number of devices maintaining a static IP. Is there any progress on this?

If the additional information is useful, the three devices are an old android tablet, a raspberry pi with an asus usb wlan adaptor, and a smart inverter. I have tried setting a static IP in the configurations of the devices and removed the reservations in omada, but the device still ended up with a random IP, even though the reserved address was free. A number of devices have reserved addresses on the network that have remained functional though. All the omada hardware seems to remain on the allocated address, as well as IP cameras and a NAS. On the wifi side, I have a number of smart devices with fixed IP's configured on device which have remained on their allocated addresses without reservation in omada.

Options
2022-08-08 10:12:16 - last edited 2022-08-08 10:12:33

Dear @jonod,

jonod wrote

If the additional information is useful, the three devices are an old android tablet, a raspberry pi with an asus usb wlan adaptor, and a smart inverter. I have tried setting a static IP in the configurations of the devices and removed the reservations in omada, but the device still ended up with a random IP, even though the reserved address was free.

Do you mean that static IP addresses configured on these devices (an old android tablet, a raspberry pi with an asus usb wlan adaptor, and a smart inverter) instead of on the ER605 router via Omada Controller would still end up with a random IP but not the reserved IP addresses?

If the static IP address configured on the wireless client itself doesn't take effect either, it's possible that the reserved IP is already taken by other clients in the network, thus the wireless client choose to obtain an IP address from the DHCP.

How did you confirm that the reserved addresses were free? If convenient, could you please shut down your device (such as the old android tablet) and then ping the IP you want to reserve on the device for confirmation?

Options
2022-08-09 03:32:41 - last edited 2022-08-09 03:33:55

My apologies @Fae, I have many of the devices on my network on daily reboot schedules, as well as most of my omada network. It appears as if everything is now working on the beta software now that its had some to settle. I had rebooted everything before but had no luck. I look forward to DHCP working correctly on the next stable version.

With regards to the fixed IP's on the devices, yes it was set to fixed on the device and it would still end up on a random IP. I had checked that nothing was using the IP's using the omada clients list but I have noticed that it is not always up to date/accurate, and also a network scanner app on my phone. I had not attempted to ping the IP's as it did not look like there was anything there. I had also attempted multiple reconnects with both the IP reservation in place (validating that the MAC addresses were correct) and deleted from the table.

Options
2022-08-09 06:12:23

Dear @jonod,

jonod wrote

My apologies @Fae, I have many of the devices on my network on daily reboot schedules, as well as most of my omada network. It appears as if everything is now working on the beta software now that its had some to settle. I had rebooted everything before but had no luck. I look forward to DHCP working correctly on the next stable version.

With regards to the fixed IP's on the devices, yes it was set to fixed on the device and it would still end up on a random IP. I had checked that nothing was using the IP's using the omada clients list but I have noticed that it is not always up to date/accurate, and also a network scanner app on my phone. I had not attempted to ping the IP's as it did not look like there was anything there. I had also attempted multiple reconnects with both the IP reservation in place (validating that the MAC addresses were correct) and deleted from the table. 

That's all right. Glad to hear that it works finally! If there is anything new came up, welcome to let us know. Have a nice day!

Options
2022-08-10 00:44:40

Dear @NotYoNetwork,

NotYoNetwork wrote

@Fae just wanted to add, that my DHCP is now also working with the beta.

Thanks for your kind feedback!

Options