Welcome to Feature Request Board for Tapo--Popular Tapo Requests included

Welcome to Feature Request Board for Tapo--Popular Tapo Requests included

21 Reply
Re:Welcome to Feature Request Board for Tapo--Popular Tapo Requests included
2022-09-20 02:21:25

any update on the feature that would allow us to group the cams? 

example: 
GROUP A - warehouse only
GROUP B - all offices

GROUP C - other premises...

etc

and hoping that this can also be made available to include in the grouping the shared devices. 

this will 'clean' the view of the user and would be able to immediately go to the cam as needed and not go through all the list. 

This would help better rather than what we are doing now using codes in the naming of the cam. 

Options
2022-09-20 07:51:51

Hello   @MIS.KikoMart 

Thank you for the feedback, there is similar feature called ' Rooms ' in the Tapo app (tap the ' Home' icon on left top of Tapo APP> Home settings), so far only certain models of camera has supported this feature. 

It is recommended to keep eye on the future firmware update for the cameras in the Tapo APP. 

For any new ideas or new feature request , you could start a new thread in  Feature Request Board so users share the same interest could vote and comment for it. 

Options
2022-10-05 14:41:46 - last edited 2022-10-05 14:50:39

@Solla-topee 

Model: Tapo C320WS
Hardware Version: 1.0
Firmware Version: 1.1.21 Build 220712

Same request: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/583300

The solution offered is simply for turning off the "green" LED. I have the same request as the OP in the link. I mistakenly blocked my C320ws camera on my wifi, and my camera is inside a box with a square hole to keep it from being stolen or damaged, and all of the recorded videos that night have red blinking lights on the left and right sides of the box. I hope Tapo devs gives an option to disable the blinking red light when wifi is unavailable.

Options
Re:Welcome to Feature Request Board for Tapo--Popular Tapo Requests included-Solution
2022-10-25 08:19:42 - last edited 2022-10-25 08:22:10

Hello everyone,

To see which feature is under consideration or has been implemented for Tapo, visit here: 

Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo

What's new?  

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-06 05:17:51

Date format for Europe would be good

& in smart configuration why is there no either/or option ?

Options
2023-12-03 11:40:49

I think it would be good if you could control the smart plugs based on temperature and Humidity values by utilising a specific temp and Humidity sensor. 

Options
2023-12-04 07:44:26

@Ibeal  The Smart Action feature on the Tapo app may help you: Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

Options
2024-01-05 19:41:35

@Solla-topee I have noticed other camera brands such as Wyze are programmed to detect the sound pattern of standard smoke and carbon monoxide alarm signals, and a notification is sent to notify the user in the app. 

Regarding the Tapo C200, for example, it can only detect baby cry. 

It should be a simple fix to improve the sound detection, including it to detect fire alarms. Please update me about the progress in this. If this fix is implemented, I will consider to buy a larger quantity of TP-link cameras for my company.

Options
2024-01-13 08:27:46
It would be nice if the functionality of the D230S1 gets improved. When the doorbell is pressed and the app is not opened i would like to see an incoming call, i accept and have a conversation with the person who rings at the door. Also i would like to see the doorbell video stream on the Google Nest hub when the doorbell is pressed.
Options
2024-03-11 08:25:10

@Solla-topee 

More automation options for tapo cameras. Atleast home, away mode, not just privacy mode on, off. 

Options