Tapo D230S1--Tapo Smart Battery Video Doorbell Being Released

2023-08-16 07:24:28 - last edited 2023-08-16 10:23:55
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Tapo D230S1 is the first Tapo smart battery video doorbell camera. The overall product set includes two parts: a battery-powered doorbell (Tapo D230) and a hub (Tapo H200). The hub equipped here can also be used as the indoor chime to ensure users hear the doorbell.

Tapo D230 and Tapo H200 communicate using a Sub-GHz technology, which brings a longer range and consumes lower power features compared to its 2.4 GHz counterparts.

Explore by Videos:

Here is the video of the Installation guide and Configuration guide.

Highlight

Razor-Sharp 2K 5MP Stream Live Video and Hands-Free

Tapo D230S1 supports 2K 5MP (2556*1920 px) extreme high definition, which means users can zoom in to see more details. Never miss details within the FOV of Tapo D230S1.
Tapo D230S1 is compatible with intelligent voice assistants such as Google Home or Amazon Alexa. See and speak with visitors at your door on compatible Google Nest and Amazon intelligent displays.

Head-to-Toe View

Equipped with cameras with ultra-wide viewing angle (160°Diagonal ), Tapo 4:3 live view ensures users can check visitors from head to toe as close as 1m, which shows more vertical details than other 16:9 doorbells. With different wedge choices, we give users the possibility to make the doorbell suits multiple placement scenarios. Users can also use the wedge to adjust the views.

Multiple Ways to Answer

With two-way audio or quick response functions, users can direct the package without leaving home. For women or the elderly who are alone at home, the form of receiving packages without opening the door can guarantee their safety to a certain extent.

6700mah Battery Equipped

Generally, you can use the battery for 180 days with 10-20 daily triggers for 30s per clip. The rechargeable and removable battery with a low-power protocol extends your usage, which ensures you do not need to charge it frequently.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. How often do I need to recharge the doorbell?

Based on the usage scenarios. Generally, if the doorbell is triggered 10 times a day with the 30s/per clip, you can use it for 180 days. The chart can be referred to as the usage time.

Q2. Can I buy the battery separately?

We have Tapo A100 sold separately, it’s suggested to go to your region’s official website>>Where to Buy to see if the Tapo A100 is sold in your region.
If not, please pay attention to the information updates on the official website.

Q3. Can the battery be charged with solar panels such as Tapo A200?

Yes, the battery of D230 is the Tapo A100(18650 lithium battery), and you can charge the battery A100 with our solar panels, such as Tapo A200.

Q4. How do I extend the battery life of the Tapo D230?

You could refer to the following link for more information: How do I extend the battery life of my Tapo Camera/Doorbell?

Q5. Does the video doorbell require existing doorbell wiring?

No. The video doorbell is not compatible with the existing doorbell chime, and it is a wireless unit that works with the hub H200 without wirings.
Note: The camera D230 Cannot be used alone, and it is required to work together with Hub H200.

Q6. Does the doorbell work with third-party NVR or NAS devices?

No, D230 needs to be used together with Hub H200, and H200 temporarily does not support RTSP/Onvif protocol, so D230 could not work with third-party NVR or NAS devices.

Q7. Does the Tapo D230 doorbell support 24 hours recording feature?

No. Due to its battery-powered feature, it doesn’t support 24-hour recording.

Q8. Can I see the full-color view in the dark?

Yes. There is a spotlight embedded in the doorbell, and you can check the Full-Color live view through the Tapo app.

Q9. How many types of ringtones does the D230 support?

The doorbell only supports 1 ringtone, but the H200 could support 19 ringtones.

Q10. Can multiple Tapo D230 connect to the same H200?

Yes. One H200 can pair with up to four Tapo D230 simultaneously, but one D230 can only pair with one H200.
The maximum number of sub-devices that can be bound to the same H200:
Cameras: Up to 4
Sensors/Buttons: Up to 64
Switches: Up to 32
Radiator Valves: Up to 32

Where to Buy

The release condition can differ between countries and areas, and it is suggested to check if this model is available on the Tapo website or the local TP-Link website first. If so, search for ‘Tapo D230S1’ in the local stores or online shops.

For more information, visit the Tapo website for Tapo D230S1.

More Articles:

TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology
New Tapo SubGHz Family- Tapo Smart Sensors, Smart Switches, Smart Buttons and More on the Way
TP-Link First Solar Panel Tapo A200 Being Released

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo D230S1--Tapo Smart Battery Video Doorbell Being Released
2023-08-18 01:24:28

@Solla-topee nice product but it might not be available in my nation sad

Options
2023-08-18 06:55:48

@NguyenKhoi 

Hi,
It's recommended to pay attention to the camera model updates on the TP-Link official website. If the camera is available in your region, usually, you can see it on the official website.
Best Regards

Options
2023-10-12 08:54:13

@Solla-topee Can the doorbell be connected to a Google Home/nest products? My house is multiple floors so hearing the doorbel chime from the first floor while in the top floor listening to music might be a problem. I have six Google Home Mini's spread around the house. Can  Tapo D230S1 be connected so that when pressed, a chime is played on all or sellected Google homes, not only the Tapo Hub?

Options
2023-10-13 10:16:28

@jomol 

Hi,
The D230 can work with Google Home products, and you can refer to the link below to set it up.
How to connect my Tapo device to Google Home?

After the configuration, the doorbell camera will listed on the Google Home app on the Devices page. You can tap the camera, and go to Voice Notifications to enable it, then the Google Home device will speak when get alerts. And you can check if this feature is suited for you.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-13 08:18:45
I can connect my d230S1 to the Google Nest hub and can stream to it by saying 'hey google show me the front door'. However, i cannot get it showing the door when the doorbell is pressed. Is that possible?
Options
2024-01-17 07:07:15

@Gert_Fring 

Hi,
The Doorbell D230 does not support showing on the Google Nest hub when someone presses the doorbell now, it's recommended to Start a New Thread on the Feature Request section to post your request, and I'll log it and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-21 04:05:23

Can anyone tell me if the doorbell can be linked to my TP-Link  NVR ? 

Also can you get ringer extenders ? I have 3 floors with door ringers at present that work from my front door bell . 

Thanks 

Options
2024-01-23 05:42:37

@GBDinger76 

Hi,
Currently, the RTSP and ONVIF protocols are not supported for the doorbell D230 thus it can't connect to the NVR device via the RTSP stream. You can vote on the thread "Support ONVIF and/or RTSP protocols on C420 S or via the Hub 200", and I'll keep logging the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

For the ringer extenders, you can try to add more Tapo H100. Once they are configured, you can use the Smart Action feature on the Tapo app to trigger the H100 ring when the doorbell is pressed.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

Best Regards

Options