c310 False dectection
2024-01-14 15:29:52
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 231024

Model: Tapo C310  

Hardware Version: V2

Firmware Version: 1.3.9

My Tapo c310 completely disregards the detection settings. This is super annoying as the privacy laws where I live are pretty strict and I wouldl prefer to only record events that happen when someone enters my property. Please help!

My c310 seems to record all motion regardless if it is day or night. The camera is mounted outside with no obstruction. I have Motion Detection off, Person Detection on, Line-Crossing Detection on, Area Intrusion Detection on, Camera Tampering off. I have the sensitivity on the Person Detection set to about 1/3. The Line and the Area are set inside my driveway. Yet, anytime a person walks by on the side walk or a vehicle drives by on the street, the camera detects motion.

Videos:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sas8-IJcEUVp7iA9dEMQO3vB6cBxCB2J/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glbWCQW0J14yMOOcdCsfJRBp08ABdx67/view?usp=sharing

Settings:

Options
5 Reply
Re:c310 False dectection
2024-01-15 07:33:07

@jeffphillips307 

Hi,
1. If you have enabled the Person Detection feature, it's normal for the camera to detect the person when someone moves in front of the camera. The activity zone of the Person Detection on the Tapo C310 is the full screen.

2. Based on your camera settings, the camera detects the vehicle on the street as a motion is abnormal. Have you enabled the Notifications feature on the camera's Device Settings page and received motion-detected notification when a vehicle moves in the street? How do you judge the camera detects the vehicle as motion?

3. Have you inserted an SD card into the camera, and the video recordings are saved to the SD card? If so, on the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording page, please send me a picture of the Recording Schedule page.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-15 08:05:40

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for you quick response! Please advise!d

1. Thank you for clarifying that Person dectection is the full screen, I will turn that off.

2. I do get notifications as well as recordings any time a vehicle drives by. I uploaded two videos to Google Drive to share, not sure if they are working or not. But, you can see in my photos where I have the activity zone and where the street is. Any time a car drives by, I get a notification as well as a recording.

3. I have inserted an SD card and have the recording schedule set to record any time.

Options
2024-01-17 08:19:44

@jeffphillips307 

Hi,
I can see the video recordings you shared in the first post, however, I want to confirm what kind of notification you have received when a car drives by, for example, a motion-detected or an area intrusion-detected notification, etc.

By the way, do you want to record the events anytime? If yes, the Recording Schedule configuration is no problem. If you only want to record the events during a specific time, you can change the Recording Schedule settings.

Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee

I have exactly the same issue. 

I keep getting notified of an area intrusion or line crossing each time a car goes by. 

Motion and person detection is switched off.

Area intrusion and line crossing are set well within my front yard. 

Please Advise. 

Options
a week ago

@LordHelpMe 

Hi,
In this situation, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. The picture of the Area Intrusion Detection page and the Line-Crossing Detection page.
2. A video recording of Area Intrusion Detection or Line-Crossing Detection.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 5

Related Articles