Automatic Switch Between 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, 6Ghz.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-30 01:07:26
Model: Deco XE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Currently, I need to create a separate 6GHz network with this router and there is no autmatic switching like there is for 2.4 and 5ghz.

I currently have MYWIFINAME and MYWIFINAME_6Ghz.

Why can't we have 6Ghz as part of the same wifi with autmatic switching when dedicated backhaul is off? I should not have to have two separate wifis, similar to how we did do no have separete wifis for 2.4 and 5.

Any thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Automatic Switch Between 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, 6Ghz.
2023-10-05 17:43:34

@edumorlom,

This is something that you can do with some of the latest Decos, but it is a limitation of the requirements put on the network from 6E. 6Ghz offers additional features and encourages the use of a different/higher security method - which makes it difficult to mesh them all together, while also providing support for older legacy devices. 

I would take a look at this reddit post where this exact discussion occurs: https://www.reddit.com/r/TpLink/comments/131w7o3/tplink_6ghz_mesh_is_a_lie/ and there are some great insights and troubleshooting steps provided.

You may also always set your 6Ghz to have the same name, which will cause your device to choose between connecting to your 6Ghz network and the mesh.

Options