How to start a thread on the community by verifying its model number and product category.

Used Products:
× 1
TL-WPA8630 KIT
× 1
Archer C7

We found that some customers have difficulty in getting the model number of their own device so that they failed to post a thread or no model number chosen in their thread now and then. This article we will show you how to get the model number and its product category to start a thread.

First, there are 2 terms you get confused mostly — here we list AC1750 and AV600 as example; Please notice that they are not the actual model number, instead, they are the wireless link speed and the Powerline link rate; the actual model number starts with Archer, TL-WPA/TL-PA. Like Archer C7, TL-WPA8630.

Once we get the correct model number, how do we post a thread to get some help? Below we list some common examples based on the current product categories.

For the whole home Wi-Fi system, it is related to the Deco series, like Deco M9 plus and Deco M5.

For the Wi-Fi router, the model number starts with TL-WRXXX, TL-WDRXXX and Archer CXX/AXxxx, like TL-WR841N, TL-WDR4300, Archer C7 and Archer AX6000.

For the DSL modem & routers, it starts with TD-W, Archer Dxx or Archer VRxxx, like TD-W9970, Archer D2, and Archer VR900 or Archer VR900v.

For the 3/4G routers & MIFI, the model begins with TL-MR, Archer MR and Mxxx, like TL-MR6400, Archer MR400, M7350.

For the Range Extender, it starts with TL-WAXXRE, REXXX, like TL-WA850RE or RE450.

For the Access Point, it starts with TL-WAXXND, or APxxx, like TL-WA901ND, or AP300.

For the Powerline Adapters, the model number begins with TL-WPA/TL-PAXX, like TL-WPA8630KIT or TL-PA8030PKIT.

For the Smart Switches, the model number is HS200, HS210 or HS220. The switch used to extend LAN ports like TL-SG1016D belongs to SOHO switches.

For the Adapters, it means the network adapter, like TL-WN725N, Archer T4U or Archer T9E.

Besides, you can click here to get more information.

Hope you guys have a better understanding now. Let’s enjoy the community together.

3 Subscribe Bookmark

Comment

I have a TL-WR1043N(EU) router and do not allow the 5Ghz mode for 300Mbps wifi. The hardware says it is capable of it, so how i can do it? It it a restriction only in EU ?. Must pay an extra for use 5Ghz?

thankyou

@joefile 

The TL-WR1043N supports 2.4GHz only, it is a single band router. That is why you cannot detect the 5GHz network. 

Frequency 2.4-2.4835GHz

May I know where did you see that it is capable of 5GHz? Could you please show us a link? 

hola buenas noches,quise hacer un hilo pero la verdad no pude... Mi problema es q me compre una antena cpe-610 para obtener internet de maso menos 100 mts de mi casa,el problema es q no me deja conectar a la red wifi a la q quiero hacerlo,solo me deja con las redes libres ( osea sin contraseñas) a la q me quiero conectar muestra q agarra la señal pero no me da el internet,ojala me puedan ayudar,desde ya muchas gracias!

@ivan-leiva 

For the CPE610, please start a thread in our business community. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/2 

I have a RE450  WiFi range extender.  Have set it up using Tether. Given it a password, but now can’t log into it. Also shows up as unsecured. Changed the password, same thing. Have I missed a step somewhere?

@HelenD 

You need create an account to login to the Tether app, while the login password to access the RE450 is different, it is admin by default; you can hard reset it if it still does not work, and then refer to the instruction below to configure it.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Hei.

Har koblet direkte fra router til Deco M5, og den starter.

Men den blå lampen står og blinker.  

Kommer ikke videre ......

Hi,I have tp-link AC600 Archer T2UH Dual Band but it's obviously only single band because I cannot connect to 5ghz over my android phone.I tried everything,drivers,changing all stuff in device manager,region numbers,reconnect,but it just cannot find 5ghz and 2,4 works without any prolem.My hardware supports 5ghz,I have latest updates for windows.Can you help me with this or I need to make a refund and take adapter from other manufacturer because oblviously I didn't get what I paid for.