Crach after update camera

2023-12-14 10:31:24
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Good morning,

I find it unprofessional for this company to refuse the exchange of the product when it is their fault that the product was damaged.

When updating the camera firmware, the reset is inactive and remains blocked. So it is impossible to reconfigure the camera. So she is dead (break). It is not the customer's fault if the program installed in the camera is defective and to say, no warranty "on our errors" as if it were our fault.

A question that my customers will ask themselves, is TP-Link a serious company.

Good day

jnl
Options
5 Reply
Re:Crach after update camera
2023-12-15 03:53:41

@Jean-ch 

Hi,
Usually, if there is no power outage to the camera when updating the firmware, the camera will update the firmware successfully.

If your camera is bricked after a firmware update, you can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot according to your camera's model number and hardware version.
What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked after a firmware update?

It's suggested to contact the retailer or local support to check if your camera is under warranty if the above suggestions do not work.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-15 10:29:57

@Solla-topee

Good morning

I was nearby and there was no power problem, just your program which had a bug. I am not responsible for your software failing to believe you did it on purpose.

Very poor branding that you showed.

What am I going to tell my customers, Cisco better or certain product from Aliexpress??

Good day

Options
2023-12-18 08:11:36 - last edited 2023-12-18 08:14:23

@Jean-ch 

Hi,
We will test the new app and firmware for a long time before releasing it to ensure its performance. Under normal circumstances, there will be no problems when upgrading the camera through the app. If there is indeed a problem with the camera during the upgrade process, we are very willing to help the customer locate and solve it.

Regarding the specific case you are referring to, what is the camera model and hardware version? If you remember the camera's firmware and the firmware information to be upgraded, please provide it as well.

Have you tried any other troubleshooting instructions in the link below? If yes, please also tell us the troubleshooting and test results you have tried.

In addition, when was this camera purchased?

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-18 12:16:01

@Jean-ch 

Tapo C200

S/N : 220c1u6004927

Hardware : I can the camera is breaking

Firmware before : 1.3.7 or 8 on other camera 1.3.9

Factory reset, do not work

Try to upgrade the firmware manualy : do not work

After i don't see the cam on wifi (his) and lan.

Allways the red infrared light.

If you are some other idea ?

regards.

Options
2023-12-19 08:59:59

@Jean-ch 

Hi,
If you have tried all the tips in the link below, there are currently no further troubleshooting steps available.

Regarding your case, I have found that the local team is actively working on it. I suggest reaching out directly to the local team for further assistance.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 5

Related Articles