C420 Stopped recording suddenly

Wednesday
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.17

Until 20/09/2024, both my cameras were recording normally as per the schedule.  They're set to record movement between 07:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday only.  Come Monday morning, 23/09/2024, neither camera is now recording normally.  One of them, which was fully charged on the Friday, had lost almost 75% of its charge by Monday morning - even though it shouldn't have been recording any activations (no recordings were showing on the app for that period).  Both cameras are fixed to the outside wall of our house (one c3 metres, the other c4 metres high) and both have a Tapo A201 solar panel attached.  Both cameras are set to record vehicles and motion, with a wake-up sensitivity of 10.  No setting for either camera were changed by me that might explain this issue.

What could have caused this, and what can be done to fix it.

I purchased the cameras and solar panels from Tapo through Amazon in July 2024.

Options
1 Reply
Re:C420 Stopped recording suddenly
Thursday - last edited Thursday

@Quasibodo 

Double-check whether the detection feature is still enabled. Was there any detection occurred? Did you receive any detection notifications?

Please test the following two scenarios to see if the camera will send detection notifications and record videos. Test within the set recording time, or extend the recording time to cover the entire day.

1. Walk in front of the camera.
2. Walk in front of the camera while watching the live view in the app.

Regarding the abnormal power consumption, please check the battery status information of this camera and compare the data in the charts of battery usage, usage time, and wake-up times to see if there is any abnormality, especially the wake-up times.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options